This post on Medium that offers ‘A Guide to University for Student Entrepreneurs’ is rather good.
It covers university/not university as well as what to do while there, or not there to build a successful path to entrepreneurship.
It boils down to the following:
- “A revolution in entrepreneurship is underway. Student entrepreneurs involved in technological innovation can reach a global audience with their new product or service
- Go to university if you have the opportunity and there’s no obvious reason why you should not go
- Include a technical degree in your studies or at least start with a software engineering subject
- Make an effort: Meet new people, go to events and join clubs and societies
- ‘Meander in your walk’ while at university and early in your career — try doing things you wouldn’t normally consider
- Create an open network. Learn to be comfortable meeting people and develop into a network expert, be authentic and genuine in your interactions with others”
Go read and apply as best you can, as we’re all still learning as we move through life.